Re: Debugging Dec failure to move w/1200 CP3

Manusfisch

Wasn’t there a problem with the CP3 where the inside board became loose or had a corroded connection inside the box that might make intermittent problems come up with power to the motor or control to the motor? I don’t have a CP3 just a later model CP4 so I can’t really comment technically I just remember a conversation

TJF Mobile

On Jul 29, 2021, at 08:18, Steven Panish <scpanish@...> wrote:

Eric,
The CP3 is connected through a serial/usb converter, but the RA still responds to a nudge even when the DEC does not, so the port is still alive.   And the handbox shows the same issue.  I think the fault has to be later in the path than the comm between the PC or handbox and the CP3.  Although I don't know the architecture.  Good thought though.
Steve

On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 11:09 AM Eric Dreher <ericpdreher@...> wrote:
Some will sleep, removing power from the port when it's considered inactive.