Mach2 APCC/APPM model for multiple nights in a mobile setting

mindspringtsai@...

I'm seeking advice on a multiple night mobile workflow to reuse an APCC/APPM pointing/tracking model created on the first for subsequent nights.

Here are my observations from the most recent new moon:
Night 1:  Created 50pt model. Successfully imaged unguided throughout the night on a two objects in different parts of the sky.  Powered down mount and covered it during the day.

Night 2:  Powered up mount, ran APPM verify with 30pts and found pretty large pointing deltas, greater than several arcmin.  A quick test exposure seemed to show a little bit of star trailing, but I didn't not spend time to quantify or debugging it.  Since the object I was shooting had a limited window, I just ran another 50pt model and successfully imaged throughout the night again.  Powered down mount and covered it during the day.

Night 3:  Ran 50pt model and successfully imaged throughout the night.

Running a 50pt model every night isn't a deal breaker for me because it only takes about 20min, but I'm interested in the experience of other mobile imagers.

Other details that may or may not be relevant:  OTA is OS RH200 and camera is ASI6200.

Cheers,
Curtis