Re: The Elephant Trunk Nebula in the Hubble palette

Glenn

Thank you, Robert.

The process called Starnet+, which is also integrated into PixInsight, does not automatically produce a separate image with the stars that were just removed. However, doing so is easy and only requires checking the "make star mask" button in the process window. I have been doing it on stretched images but I think the process may be been updated to work on linear ones—you would have to verify. You could make a starless image either in PixInsight or by running Starnet+ as a separate application. The program is available on one of the more popular open-source repositories (can't remember which).

Best,

Glenn