Re: Tool for saddle clamping

Dale Ghent

I wouldn't bother with trying to replace the knobs. You can look for a "soft jaw wrench" or "soft jaw pliers" and use them instead. They're regular adjustable wrenches that have a hard rubber or silicone jaw - strong enough to hold something, but flexible and soft enough that whatever it is isn't marred. The long handles give you all the leverage you might need.

I bet these would work well for your saddle knobs. Like George said, you need only a light touch when it comes to tightening them.

On Jul 26, 2021, at 17:11, drgert1 via <> wrote:


Any option to replace 'old style' knobs (no hex key inset) with 'new style' ones (with hex key inset) ?


Join to automatically receive all group messages.