Re: New AP1100AE, startup sanity check please

Jeffc

On Jul 26, 2021, at 8:37 AM, ap@captivephotons.com wrote:

. I am not getting a handheld, but is there a mount control for a cell phone that might be useful since my computer display is in the house, not near the mount?
I run the Remote Desktop client on my phone when I need to do something with the mount outside away from the computer. For example polar alignment — I use sharpcap and need to see the “off by” numbers outside at the mount. So I just use RDClient and zoom in on that portion of the UI.

Fwiw, I don’t have too much experience with the apps over WiFi - I’ve used SkySafari, but it just allows for pointing the mount. I’m not sure if the separate controlling app would confuse other apps (eg APCC) controlling the mount.

-jeff