Re: The Elephant Trunk Nebula in the Hubble palette

Robert Chozick

Great image Glenn.

You now have peaked my interest in this star removal process. I will have to play with it.

Does it place the stars into a separate Image. I am wondering if I can move that star image into Photoshop.  I use Pixinsight for a few processes but do most of my processing in Photoshop.   I usually only use dynamic background extraction and Photometric Color Calibration. For images at my new dark sky site I found I don’t even need DBE anymore.

Robert

On Jul 24, 2021, at 1:13 PM, Glenn <public@...> wrote:

Hi gang,

I had a stretch of good weather recently and was able to capture the elephant trunk with narrowband filters over several nights. This is one of three images I was able to do during the first outing with my new 10-inch Newtonian scope. I was not sure if my Mach1 would be able to handle such a heavy and long scope, but it hardly seemed to notice. It is a testament to A-P mount design.

For higher resolution and details, please check my AstroBin page. Thanks for looking!

Glenn
<IC1396 elephant final 2.jpeg>