From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2021 1:14 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] The Elephant Trunk Nebula in the Hubble palette

Hi gang,

I had a stretch of good weather recently and was able to capture the elephant trunk with narrowband filters over several nights. This is one of three images I was able to do during the first outing with my new 10-inch Newtonian scope. I was not sure if my Mach1 would be able to handle such a heavy and long scope, but it hardly seemed to notice. It is a testament to A-P mount design.

For higher resolution and details, please check my AstroBin page. Thanks for looking!

Glenn

--
Karen Christen