Re: Preventing Pier Crashes

Ray Gralak

At present, I don't think there is a software solution. You might be able to first slew to
park 3 before doing another slew or parking to park 1.
Sure, that would work if I'm manually controlling the scope. I don't know a way of doing
that if using SGP. I've had SGP send the scope into the pier as well.
It sounds like SGP cannot handle the scope's "dead zone." So, even if a way to avoid a slew collision is made available, some slews that SGP issues could fail and ruin your session. The best solution may be to address the mechanical issue that can cause a collision.

-Ray