From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Alex
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2021 5:45 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Preventing Pier Crashes

On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 05:21 AM, Ray Gralak wrote:

Hi Alex,

Are the collision zones you mentioned in counterweight-up or counterweight-down position?

It can happen in a counterweight down position. For instance, last night, I was imaging m16 in the south on the east
side of the meridian. Clouds rolled in right before reaching the meridian so I decided to call it a night and I parked the
mount (park position one). The RA axis was essentially in the correct position so it only had to move a small amount
to put the RA in the park 1 position. The DEC had to swing the scope from pointing south to pointing north. As it
made this transition, the camera swung down as the scope rotated around and as it approached the zenith, the
camera crashed into my pier as it protrudes too much for the scope to safely reach the zenith.

What I want to do is define this zone of death so the scope will never attempt to slew through this zone.

Alex