Re: Tool for saddle clamping

Robert Chozick

I also use the grippers to tighten mine.  I usually get a good 1/4 turn or more with them.

Robert

On Jul 24, 2021, at 1:55 PM, M Hambrick <mhambrick563@...> wrote:

Hi Gert

Out of curiosity what is the part number of your dovetail plate ? The knobs look like those on my DOVE15 which has no hex head bolts in the clamping knobs either.

I have had pretty good luck using a jar lid gripper on these knobs. They are simple, cheap, and effective. You can find them in the kitchen section of most department stores (e.g. Wal-Mart). I have noticed something interesting about these grippers though. It seems that after a period of time they will lose their "grippiness" and you will have to replace it.

Mike <Jar Lid Gripper, IMG_3646.JPG>