From: Ray Gralak
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2021 8:21 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Preventing Pier Crashes

Hi Alex,

Are the collision zones you mentioned in counterweight-up or counterweight-down position?

APCC's Meridian Tracking Limits feature is designed to stop *tracking* at an hour angle limit and define mount flip points. If your 1100 has a CP4 its firmware handles counterweight-up slews in a "safe" manner by always moving RA first to a counterweight-down position, then slewing to a target. Additionally, if the target is counterweight-up, then the last slew will be in RA only also. (If your mount has a CP3 controller, then APCC performs these moves instead of the mount firmware.)

-Ray