Re: Preventing Pier Crashes

Ray Gralak

Hi Alex,

Are the collision zones you mentioned in counterweight-up or counterweight-down position?

APCC's Meridian Tracking Limits feature is designed to stop *tracking* at an hour angle limit and define mount flip points. If your 1100 has a CP4 its firmware handles counterweight-up slews in a "safe" manner by always moving RA first to a counterweight-down position, then slewing to a target. Additionally, if the target is counterweight-up, then the last slew will be in RA only also. (If your mount has a CP3 controller, then APCC performs these moves instead of the mount firmware.)

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Alex
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2021 11:04 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Preventing Pier Crashes

I have an 1100 with absolute encoders, and I'm having the occasional problem of the mount crashing my camera
into my pier during slews. My pier has a fairly wide base, and there are a couple zones near the meridian where the
camera will hit the pier. I defined the meridian limits in APCC Pro which define this danger zone, but apparently it
isn't being honored. Occasionally when slewing to an object, the path the mount takes will crash my camera into the
pier. There must me some setting I'm getting wrong, but I'm as a loss as to what it is.

Can somebody please tell me how to set it up so the mount will never slew to certain positions? I'm now afraid to
use the mount without being personally there to abort a slew.

Alex

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.