Preventing Pier Crashes

Alex

I have an 1100 with absolute encoders, and I'm having the occasional problem of the mount crashing my camera into my pier during slews. My pier has a fairly wide base, and there are a couple zones near the meridian where the camera will hit the pier. I defined the meridian limits in APCC Pro which define this danger zone, but apparently it isn't being honored. Occasionally when slewing to an object, the path the mount takes will crash my camera into the pier. There must me some setting I'm getting wrong, but I'm as a loss as to what it is.

Can somebody please tell me how to set it up so the mount will never slew to certain positions? I'm now afraid to use the mount without being personally there to abort a slew.

Alex