Re: USB 2 VS USB3 problems solved

jimwc@...

Mike

I live in aridzona my problem is usually the other way "Too hot" right now the nighttime temps only get down to the low 90's.  I have not had any trouble with the 3104 at all.  I have not noticed if they get hot at all. I would think that if you have not had any problem with the 2304 you won't have a problem with the 3104.  yes, they are not cheep but they work well. like you I didn't want to spend $1000+ on a computer you still have to get special cords for all the power etc..  the only thing you need to get is the Ethernet cable I use a 50ft cat7 cable to run into the house, I got mine at   ShowMeCables.com.

hope this helps.

clear sky's

Jim

Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 08:53 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] USB 2 VS USB3 problems solved

On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 01:34 AM, <jimwc@...> wrote:

...the ICRON Raven 3104 solved my problems. I am sure there is other brands but I can not vouch for them.

Hi, Jim. I'm considering the Raven 3104 because it appears that one of my active (powered) USB 3 extenders is not working correctly (MaxIm sometimes hangs while reading the guide camera).

One thing that bothers me about the Raven 3104 is the minimum operating temperature spec of 0C.  Do you have any experience with yours at cold temps? Do the two boxes get warm during operation, so that cold ambient temperature isn't an issue? I have an Icron Ranger 2304 USB 2 extender with the same spec, and it has worked fine below 0C, so maybe I'm worrying needlessly. OTOH $1,000 is a lot for a USB 3 extender. For that price I could buy a NUC (but I'd rather not).

Thanks for any info on the Raven 3104.

--- Mike

x (x)

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.