From: John Jennings
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2021 11:45 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Computer max ambient temperature

I have several telescopes with different mini pc's attached that stay outside in the weather under multiple layer covers 24x7x365. I pretty much leave the computers running 24x7 during the cold and wet winters, but during the summer I generally shut everything down during the day as ambient temps get over 100 degrees in Allen Texas. I use dedicated Intel NUC and Beelink mini PC's attached to each telescope. I've been doing this for 2 years now with no issues whatsoever.
 I do watch the humidity and keep the computers running and a 40 watt droplight under the covers to control the humidity during rainy or humid weather.

     I use the Pegasus Ultimate V2 to monitor the environment. I have an AP155, AP130 and Mewlon 300 on AP mounts outside. I've kept remote telescopes in the deserts for years and have become pretty amazed of how rugged good systems can be.

I use Core Temp to monitor the CPU core temps on the mini PCs. It is an awesome freeware program that can send alerts and even shut down the PC as defined by the user. I've had my cores reach 190 degrees without any issues. I don't normally run the computers that hot. The program generally shows that my intel processors have a max core temp limit of 221F degrees.  Core Temp is a really neat tool.

https://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

John