Re: Musing about my next mount...

Robert Berta

I would consider getting a used  900 mount for the 14" used visually....photographically it works fine. I have one as well as a 1100. If buying new I would go with the 1100 with a 14" over the Mach II. Before I had the 1100 I had a 14" SCT on the 900 and never had any issues. I also have a Celestron CGE-PRO mount with another 14" SCT HD at a Boy and Girl Scout observatory I manage. The mount works fine but not at the level of precision or user friendly as the AP mounts...and it is heavy and awkward to move as a travel setup.