Re: AP1100 coming, least hassle plate solver?

Ron Kramer

I understand you want to use NINA, tho you also mentioned SGP.

Fwiw I use APPM with SGP and ASTAP, and it seems to work fine

But we don't. I deleted SGP and don't want to configure it or platesolve2 again.  Times change and both of those programs are severely outdated.

ASTAP is free and 1/10,000th  the time that PLATESOLVE2 requires to solve.  NINA vs SGP goes without saying.

On Sat, Jun 26, 2021 at 3:03 PM Jeffc <jeffcrilly@...> wrote:
I understand you want to use NINA, tho you also mentioned SGP.

Fwiw I use APPM with SGP and ASTAP, and it seems to work fine.   It takes about 35 minutes to run a 71 (iirc) point model (which i run during astronomical twilight before it’s really dark).

I suppose this would require switching to SGP for APPM, then shutting that down and running the imaging session with NINA.