Re: AP1100 coming, least hassle plate solver?

Ray Gralak

Hi Wade,

Regarding the ASCOM driver, I tried it a few weeks ago with my QSI690 and it did not work. I’ve not reported it yet
because I haven’t had any time since to do a preliminary investigation. I suspect that the problem is that I bin the
camera 2x2 for plate solves (because it has slow downloads of full resolution images). I remember that a couple
of years ago, I found a problem where APPM would not plate solve through SGP with 2x2 binning, and Ray fixed
that. I believe that the same problem might exist in the current APPM when plate solving with the ASCOM driver.
What doesn't work? The binned image doesn't get created? Or, the plate solve of the image fails?

-Ray