Re: [ap-ug] M5 - the lonesome Globular

Roland Christen

M5 has a very bright and "intense" core.
It does indeed and require quite a bit of advanced processing to prevent it from blowing out. I was also surprised by the number of faint blue stars around the outside.

From: Jeff B <mnebula946@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Cc: aaron.wilhelm@... <aaron.wilhelm@...>; main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Jun 25, 2021 3:01 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] [ap-ug] M5 - the lonesome Globular

Pretty cool Roland.

Your image picks up on my visual impression that M5 has a very bright and "intense" core.

Jeff

On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 3:26 PM Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
This particular camera came with a front adapter that is not quite large enough ID to fully illuminate the corners. I did not bother to take a flat, but it is definitely needed. There is approximately 5% light fall-off in the very corners due to this restriction. That's not a huge amount and can be handled by a flat frame. (see image below)