Re: Flexure Measurement - How Much is Too Much ?

M Hambrick

Hi Mike

Does your 1200 mount have encoders ? I understand that these will take you to the next level and beyond as far as tracking goes, especially for permanent setups as you have. I can't remember exactly what combination is needed (Encoders, CP4, Keypad), but there was a discussion thread a while back where Roland talked about building a pointing model to allow unguided imaging. Maybe Roland can comment on this.

I already have a CP4 with my non A-E 1100 mount , and I plan to purchase a set of encoders as soon as my name is called on the wait list. I am also planning to upgrade my keypad as soon as they offer upgrades to existing keypad users.

Mike