Re: Flexure Measurement - How Much is Too Much ?

Mike Dodd

On 6/21/2021 4:50 PM, Roland Christen via groups.io wrote:
To get really good images takes a lot of effort, very good tracking of
the main optics, and a steady and hyper-accurate mount.
Hello, Roland. I am very interested in this, and wonder if you would advise me if there's anything I can do to my 1200 mount, S/N 1200589, to improve tracking. I have the CP3 box, S/N 0374, and I installed the V-chip last year.

My first thought is APCC. Will APCC improve tracking on _any_ A-P mount, or just newer models? I've read your posts about unguided imaging using APCC, and this is very appealing to me, but I don't know if my mount can achieve that.

Is there anything in the CP4 box that will improve tracking? If not, I'd rather not spend the money on CP4.