Re: Flexure Measurement - How Much is Too Much ?

M Hambrick

Thanks for the link to your web site Mike. You have some really good information in there.

I am going to try to get some more flexure measurements over a longer period of time next time we get a clear night here. I noticed in your example of differential flexure that you were getting shifts of multiple pixels. Although I only had one 10 minute subframe, the shift that I measured was much less than one pixel, and the stars in that image looked good.

I am trying to look at everything I can to try to improve my images. Until now I have concentrated all of my efforts on are focusing and guiding. I have not seen anything in my images so far to suggest that I have a problem with flexure, but I want to get an idea of how much there is.

Mike