Re: Understanding automation-based corrections/sync #Mach2GTO #Keypad

deonb

On Sun, Jun 20, 2021 at 09:09 AM, Ray Gralak wrote:
There's something else going on if errors have accumulated to that extent. I suggest you turn off syncing in NINA until the source of the issue can be determined.
I feel like we're focusing on the wrong issue here. I was just using NINA as an example. This doesn't have to do with NINA.

You can do the following to reproduce the issue in just APCC:
In APCC, go to GoTo/Recall, click Load Mount RA/Dec, add 12 degrees to Dec, click Sync. Voila, the mount sync is now off by 12 degrees.

So going back to the crux of the questions:
a) How do I see this? (i.e. How do I see the delta between the Absolute Encoder coordinates and the Synced coordinates).
b) How do I prevent this at the APCC (or even better, at the Hardware) level?