From: Mike Dodd <mike@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Sat, Jun 19, 2021 10:23 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Setting Park Position for ACP Script

On 6/19/2021 10:56 PM, Jerome A Yesavage wrote:
> Thanks, that did it.  BTW, I could not find the documentation of why
> Part 1 is frowned upon?

My understanding is that, within seconds of starting tracking from Park
1, the mount goes into a counterweight-up position, which can cause
problems for the ASCOM driver.

I've never had problem, but the next time I need to balance the mount
prior to a recal, I'll start in the recommended Park 4.

--- Mike