Consequence of .5 guide on hand controller and 1x in software?

Tom Blahovici

Hi
I have been guiding pretty well although at times, it seems to be erratic. I always though that this was seeing.
A recent thread mentioned guiding rates should be 1x in software and the hand controller. So I checked to be sure. Sure enough, the hand controller was set to 0.5x instead of 1x.
How will this effect guiding? I've had it like this for years, but have never been perfectly happy with the see saw RA graphs and the 100% agreesiveness needed for the Dec axis.
Any comments? Could this be a cause?
Thanks