Re: Will the Mach 2 support .....

Mike Dodd

On 6/4/2021 11:11 AM, John Jennings wrote:
You need to break up your integration time into a larger number of subs
of shorter duration if you are broadband imaging.
Does this apply to dark skies or only to bright skies? I remember you said you spent considerable time on the math, but I'm unclear on your conclusions.

I typically do 10-minute subs with my OSC camera, but now I'm wondering if I should reduce that. But then I wonder why. The background level is about the same with both exposures, and it seems to me that 2X the signal ought to improve the SNR.

I am very curious about this aspect of OSC imaging.

--- Mike