Re: Problems using ASI air pro and AP mounts

Roland Christen

when the HC was then disconnected, the guiding settled down
The keypad does not send anything to the mount during guiding, nor does it modify any outside commands sent to the mount, whether they be slewing or guiding commands, regardless of what app is sending them. The keypad is totally separated from the mount. It serves only to give you a manual method of control, manual meaning what you do with your thumbs on the keypad keys. It is NOT a hand corrector in that it doesn't correct anything.

From: Lee Decovnick <ursa@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Thu, Jun 3, 2021 5:02 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Problems using ASI air pro and AP mounts

Thanks Roland,

I made that errant "assumption" because I observed the AAP guiding program was sending corrections double the necessary "pulse" to the mount - and I had already backed off the pulse length in the app - and when the HC was then disconnected, the guiding settled down to a very narrow and acceptable range in about 5 seconds.

As I mentioned before, with 3 itterations of AAP's or SharpCap's Polar Alignment app, I can get up to 240 second subs unguided with lovely tight stars.

Lee