Re: Will the Mach 2 support .....

M Hambrick

Hi Roland

359 MB per image !? Wow ! I guess that the image size must go up exponentially with the number of pixels. The images from my old 2.7 megapixel camera are something like 1.9 MB. From my 16 megapixel camera they are 31 MP.

What is the image download time for your camera ? Although the image download time is supposed to be a lot shorter for CMOS cameras, I have been told that all kinds of weird things can happen during these downloads. I also seem to recall the folks at Diffraction Ltd telling me that it is not the permanent memory on your hard drive but rather the RAM that is the issue during the image downloads. If you have a lot of different processes running at the same time that could be causing the MaxIm crashes.

Mike