Re: New Chat: 1100GTO and TheSky X #chat-notice

George

Don,

You will not use the TeleAPI driver, as it is for an outdated version of the Sky.  

Go to our Software Updates page and download:

1. FTDI driver
  2. Java
  3. ASCOM Platform
  4. AP V2 ASCOM driver

https://www.astro-physics.com/software-updates/

Do the above before plugging in the CP4.    Call me with questions.

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-222-6538 (direct line)

Phone:  815-282-1513 (office)

Email:  george@...

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Liam Plybon
Sent: Wednesday, June 2, 2021 4:58 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] New Chat: 1100GTO and TheSky X #chat-notice

Do you get any kinds of errors when trying to connect with to the CP4? Are you sure you are connecting with the correct com port?

Liam

AP

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of main@ap-gto.groups.io Notification
Sent: Wednesday, June 2, 2021 4:50 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] New Chat: 1100GTO and TheSky X #chat-notice

A new chat has been created:

New

I recently received an 1100GTO with AE,  and I am a new user.  I’m trying to figure out the best way to configure it for remote imaging, and would appreciate your help. 

Seems like you need a method to drive the scope to the desired target, then APCC Pro takes care of tracking with help from a guide scope for long exposures. 

Also, I’ve read on the forum that Roland uses TheSky X (I assume for target selection), and Maximum DL (I assume for camera , focusing, and guide scope control).  Did I read Roland’s post correctly?

I purchased TheSky X Pro, downloaded and installed the TeleAPI v5.04 driver, but have been unable to connect. Can anyone help with this issue. 

Thanks,
Don 

By: Donald Gaines <onegaines@...>

View/Join This Chat

Do not reply to this message to post to the chat. You can participate in chats only through the group's website.

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.