Re: Planetarium software

Shailesh Trivedi

Hi Andrea,

My experience is positive for camera addon and Tpoint addon, but autoguiding is a bit hit or miss at higher focal lengths; for example when I use it with Astrodon MMOAG on my TEC 180FL at 1134mm focal length, even if I find several stars and with perfect polar alignment of my PMX on a permanent pier, the autoguiding performance was suboptimal and the star would be lost often. When I switched to PHD2, I got consistently better star shapes, with no star lost issue, and hence better overall images.

Shailesh