Re: Question: How do I safety replace the CW shaft adapter (got it off, grease?)

Roland Christen

What mount, and do you have the steel insert?
Putting some ice on the cwt shaft will cause it to shrink slightly and it might come free that way.

From: Roger Howard <cargostick@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Jun 1, 2021 6:12 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Question: How do I safety replace the CW shaft adapter (got it off, grease?)

I have to chime in here for posterity.  I just got my mount a few months ago with the new CW shaft and the Delrin spacer installed and just had my manhood called into question trying to remove the counterweight shaft.  After about 20 minutes I had to call my neighbor to help me get the thing removed.  I have now placed a few drops of Hoppes #9 firearm lubricant on the threads and I will report back here at a later time if this doesn't help.  Next I'm going to try one of those ninja claw training devices from the back of a comic book to improve my grip strength :)