Re: Problems using ASI air pro and AP mounts

Kevin Cook

Ken - One thing I discovered about the ASIAIR version of PhD guiding is that you have to set the guiding rate to 1X in TWO places - on the AP hand controller keypad (or on AP mount software if using that) and on the ASIAIR pull-out tab (it pulls out to the left from the right-side vertical control panel).  This ASIAIR pull-out tab is the same one you use to select your target and direct a GOTO.  The guiding rate needs to be set at 1X in both places or the guiding is all over the place.   Kevin

On Tue, Jun 1, 2021 at 2:32 PM Kenneth Tan <ktanhs@...> wrote:
Hmm I wonder if there is something wrong with my setup. I use a 250 mm fl guide scope with an ASI 1290 cam as guidecam

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 at 05:29, marsh.family <marsh.family@...> wrote:
Hi Kenneth

I've had very unpredictable guiding performance with AsiAir Pro until the latest version with multi star guiding.

I haven't had too many chances to test it out but the guiding was very good when I did. Better then the best with the previous version. And seemingly more stable. I just started it up and it worked. No tweaking.

Chris

Sent from my Galaxy