Re: Added album Photos of Forum Members in their A-P Logo Hats #photo-notice

Jeffc

OAG or Guidescope?

I assume thats a Celestron 9.25 with a focal length of 2350mm.

Does it have mirror locks?

My guess is you are using an OAG at 2350 FL and the guide star is jumping around due to seeing.   Iirc this is known as “chasing the seeing”.

-jeff

On Jun 1, 2021, at 11:26 AM, Kenneth Tan <ktanhs@...> wrote:

I have a strange problem. I am using a c925 on a AP 1600 . I can run it without guiding for about 30 s with fairly round stars.  The moment i try to guide with the phd on the asiair pro, it is all over the place. Unpredictable spikes in both axes.  Has anyone encountered this problem? I will try with phd proper the next time.

Kenneth