Re: My AP1100 CP4 died (I think ..., need confirmation)

Cheng-Yang Tan

Hi Rolando,
   I'll call George on Tuesday.

   In case, he does read posts on the long weekend, I did the following this morning:

(1) Checked that the PS is spitting out 13.8V.
(2) When connected the PS to the AP1100 CP4, the CP4 LED does not light. NO other cables other than the power cable is connected.
(3) I connected the motor and encoder cables (+ the PS is connected).
     (a) LED on CP4 remains unlit.
     (b) The encoder LEDs are lit (green and blue).
     (c) I checked that the pins of the keypad socket and they do show 13.8V.
(4) I opened the motor plug of the cable to see if all the wires are soldered properly. They are.

Aside: I took the PS and powered my Mach1GTO CP4 with no other cables connected and I see the CP4 LED lit red.

I hope that's enough info to start the debugging process.

cytan

On Sunday, May 30, 2021, 10:04:39 AM CDT, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

Make sure that all your cables inside the mount are plugged in. Check the cables going to the motor boxes.

Call George during office hours and he will assist you with a couple of simple tests and checks.