Re: APCC Pro with MSGBox V2

Dale Ghent

On May 28, 2021, at 17:30, W Hilmo <y.groups@hilmo.net> wrote:

I suppose that using both GPS devices would allow me to use one of them for time sync and the other for APCC location data (since two pieces of software cannot connect to one GPS at the same time).
There's a way to mirror COM ports on Windows, although it's a little janky and a bit manual.

If you go to the com0com project on Sourceforge:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/com0com/files/com0com/3.0.0.0/

and download the hub2com and com0com software, there's a ReadMe in the hub2com zip file that details how to set up a COM port mirror. An example is given using a GPS device. This is handy for read-only applications such as this.

So, if you're really stuck between a rock and hard place and need something that lets you read the GPS device via COM port with 2 (or more) different apps, then this might get you out of those woods.