Re: APCC Pro with MSGBox V2

Dale Ghent

ASCOM logs end up under in your user's Documents\ASCOM folder, subdivided by date.

This is an odd issue you're having. I also use the ASCOM OCH because I have 3 different devices that source info for various ObservingConditions properties and the info is consumed by both APCC and NINA, and haven't seen this sort of problem.

Dew point is not measured by a sensor but is derived from the temperature and humidity. Does your dew point reading look sane in APCC? If it was derived using the 237K, used as C, then it would certainly be wonky as well. That could narrow down where the problem is.

On May 28, 2021, at 11:58, W Hilmo <y.groups@hilmo.net> wrote:

Yes, I am connecting to “ASCOM ObservingConditions” as the source.

In the “Select Driver” box, I have tried “ASCOM.OCH.ObservingConditions”, followed by setting the ASCOM driver for the MGBox V2 in the appropriate properties for the observing conditions hub. I have also tried selecting “Astromi.ch MGBox Observing Conditions” in the Select Driver box.

Both methods give the same results.

I have also tried enabling “Trace on” in the MGBox driver, but I haven’t figured out yet where I can go to read the trace.

Finally, I just found the ASCOM “Observing conditions Hub test harness”. When I run that tool and connect to the observing conditions hub, it shows the correct information (below). I was originally thinking that this would probably be a problem with the MGBox ASCOM driver (and I asked about it here to see how others were getting it to work with APCC), but now I suspect that it actually *is* an APCC problem, since the ASCOM test app works correctly:

5/28/2021 8:54:41 AM
ASCOM Observing Conditions Hub (OCH). Version: 6.5.1.0
AveragePeriod : 0.0
CloudCover - This property is not implemented
DewPoint : 2.7
Humidity : 34.0
Pressure : 933.8
RainRate - This property is not implemented
SkyBrightness - This property is not implemented
SkyQuality - This property is not implemented
SkyTemperature - This property is not implemented
StarFWHM - This property is not implemented
Temperature : 18.9
WindDirection - This property is not implemented
WindGust - This property is not implemented
WindSpeed - This property is not implemented
CloudCover is not implemented
DewPoint Description : MGBox uses a Bosch BME280 sensor
Humidity Description : MGBox uses a Bosch BME280 sensor
Pressure Description : MGBox uses a Bosch BME280 sensor
RainRate is not implemented
SkyBrightness is not implemented
SkyQuality is not implemented
SkyTemperature is not implemented
StarFWHM is not implemented
Temperature Description : MGBox uses a Bosch BME280 sensor
WindDirection is not implemented
WindGust is not implemented
WindSpeed is not implemented