Re: Model corrected coordinates through the command protocol?

Brent Boshart

Thanks again for your help Ray.   My goal is to do long focal length videography of ISS passes.  I use a closed loop method, query the current mount position, the satellite current position, satellite movement rate and then adjust the mount rates (with all that data) to keep the satellite in the center of the FOV.  Communicating directly with the mount using the command language (no APCC, no ASCOM) works very well.  But my limitation is the pointing accuracy of the mount as I can only do single star alignment (no compensation for any cone error etc).  I may have to do my own simplistic modelling to improve the pointing as well as minimize the cone error on my OTA.