Re: About APCC and ISS tracking and PC Time

Bob

On Mon, May 24, 2021 at 08:32 PM, Ray Gralak wrote:
Hi Bob,

I'm really quite surprised that APCC cannot utilise gps time directly. I bought a $10 usb gps and it works well with
APCC. When I went looking for the setting in APCC that would allow me to utilise the gps time instead of PC time, I
couldn't find it. Now I know why.

Any idea if/when this feature will be introduced?
It probably will not be a feature of APCC because to set the time on the computer APCC would have to be run "as administrator". That is something we probably would not want to do because then the ASCOM driver would not be able to automatically start APCC.

If you have a network connection, you could use Dimension 4. Also, some inexpensive or free utilities supposedly can update the system time with some GPS devices. One I have run across is called "VisualGPS", but I don't know if it will work with the device you have.

-Ray
Thanks Ray.  Although, APCC could still use the GPS time without updating the computer time perhaps, which would get around the admin issue? I guess this could be problematic for other software though. I guess I will go with some third party software then.