From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2021 11:44 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] About APCC and ISS tracking and PC Time

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 09:09 AM, W Hilmo wrote:

Your computer should be able to sync time with NIST, as long as you have an internet connection. APCC
can then update the mount’s time with the computer’s time. This doesn’t require a new feature.

The new feature that I would like to see is for APCC to have an option to update the computer time from a
GPS receiver. I do a fair amount of imaging from sites with no internet. Right now, I have a 3rd party piece of
software that I use to sync the computer clock from the GPS, but it would be nice to have an option to do this right
from APCC.

I'm really quite surprised that APCC cannot utilise gps time directly. I bought a $10 usb gps and it works well with
APCC. When I went looking for the setting in APCC that would allow me to utilise the gps time instead of PC time, I
couldn't find it. Now I know why.

Any idea if/when this feature will be introduced?