Re: Should I use my BARADV for the upcoming lunar eclipse?

Nick Iversen

Daniel

Thanks for that explanation. It made sense until you said "aim at an f ratio (i.e., F/D) equal to 5 times the size of a pixel in microns." Can you intuitively explain why? Failing that the maths would be a good explanation.

The scope has a resolution of 1 arcsec and without a barlow that is about 1 arcsec per pixel for my camera. Your formula says I need a 3x barlow. Spreading that 1 arcsec over 3x3 pixels kind of makes sense for "smoothness."

-- Nick