Re: A-P customer service

thefamily90 Phillips

Nothing wrong with calling AP and nothing wrong with seeing if anyone in our group can help.

JimP

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Jerome Allison <jallison@...>
Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2021 5:49:11 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: [ap-gto] A-P customer service

[Edited Message Follows]

I thought I'd post this after reading the recent ap-ug "Mach2 vibration & noise issue from the RA axis" thread, in case it would be useful to someone else.

I had a little problem the other night, having left my RAPAS on the Mach2 after polar aligning and then later proceeding to run the scope into it.  :(  (Don't forget to take it off !)

It didn't seem like it was damaged, but later when I had a better chance to look at it, the LED illuminator was turned at an odd angle, about 30 degrees away from the usual 90 degrees perpendicular to the optical tube.  I tried re-aligning it, but realized that this would also affect the orientation of the scope's reticle.

Late Friday afternoon I emailed George, who answered in 11 minutes with this link instructing me that page 6 would show me how to check the alignment of the reticle.

https://astro-physics.info/tech_support/mounts/rapas-instructions.pdf

Just thought I'd pass along an example of Astro Physics', and George's, perfect and very quick advice to check my RAPAS alignment.

Jerome