From: Tim Morrill via groups.io <helo4@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Sat, May 22, 2021 4:23 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Mach2 RA problem

Hello I’ve had the Macy to for quite some time now and I’ve been enjoying it quite a lot! It has been performing perfectly. Except last night I went to image a object and it slewed way off target and acted like it was lost. I tried to home the amount but kept coming up with a communication error. And also for the park itself.
So I went out today to see if I could figure out what was going on and after powering on the mount and energizing the motors it makes a very loud clicking noise in the RA area. And when I’m trying to move the RA there is very loud gear grinding noise… So I just stopped and shut it off immediately.
Any idea what could have happened? And how to fix it? It’s been sitting in the observatory and nothing has changed.

I will attempt to upload a video so that you can hear the noise.

Thanks
Tim Morrill.