Re: Should I use my BARADV for the upcoming lunar eclipse?

Mike Dodd

On 5/21/2021 8:55 PM, Nick Iversen wrote:
Does the answer to this question differ if I am
imaging the moon at first quarter (fine crater details) or a globular
cluster? I'd really like to know the mathematics involved.
Can't help you with the math, but AFAIK, the more pixels your target covers, the better it will be. It will indeed have higher resolution.

Take it to an extreme: Would you want a 1-degree-wide image to fall on a sensor having 100x100 pixels, or one having 5000x5000 pixels?

--- Mike