Should I use my BARADV for the upcoming lunar eclipse?

Nick Iversen

I have a 130GTX and a camera with pixel size 3.76um. Is there any advantage to using a BARADV to double the size of the lunar image on the sensor? It won't increase the resolution (right?) because that depends on the aperture. But it will increase the exposure required and amplify any tracking errors. Does the answer to this question differ if I am imaging the moon at first quarter (fine crater details) or a globular cluster? I'd really like to know the mathematics involved.