Re: Ethernet Control of AP1100 Mount

Mike C

I am using the Startech 1 port Ethernet to serial adapter. It didn't work at all on TCP mode. After moving to UDP it worked flawlessly
while the control computer was on cat5e. Now trying my control computer on wifi I am getting some comm errors (like clockwork)
every 10 minutes.

I am going to throw the towel in on the Startech I think. I will keep my control computer on wifi (since its mounted on the scope),
but I will cave in and make a custom DB9 serial cable (for the scope->pier tether) out of some very very temperature forgiving
cable by Cicoil.

I really wanted a DC power only tether this time but I want flawless comm between APCC and my mount even more.