Re: STAR TECH Ethernet->Serial

Christopher Erickson

I have seen nothing but troubles trying to use Eltima software with APCC. AFAIKT, the problems are on the Eltima side of things.

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory engineer
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

On Sat, May 15, 2021, 3:59 PM Mike C <mike@...> wrote:
I have an Intel NUC computer mounted on top of my telescope.

I want the simplest tether possible from pier to scope -- DC power and ground.

The NUC connects to my WI-FI access point and talks to a STAR TECH Ethernet->RS232 adapter which connects to my AP1200 GTO CP3.
The device: https://www.startech.com/en-us/networking-io/netrs2321p

STAR TECH seems to create an ELTIMA virtual serial port on the NUC to handle this device.
It looks like APCC is also creating ELTIMA ports.

APCC seems to go bonkers trying to talk to the mount.  Any tips ? (like.. give up, is APCC compatible with Eltima port as main port?)

Cheers
Mike in Alaska