Re: How important is THUM? #APCC

Marcelo Figueroa

Having up-to-date climate information is vital for the model to work correctly over long periods of time, this is especially important for permanent installations, as it is not necessary to redo the model.

As Bill points out, it is not strictly necessary to have a device that does this, as you can obtain such information via the internet. It is also possible to combine methods and get some information locally via hardware device and other data via the internet.

The latter is what I do, I use the Pegasus Powerbox Advance which has sensors for temperature and humidity, but not pressure. The latter I get via openweathermap.org and combine it all using the ASCOM Observing Conditions  driver (OCH) in APCC.