From: yanzhe liu <liuyanzhe@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Wed, May 12, 2021 7:16 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Dual scope setup question

Yes, Imaging.

When you say both can work, are you talking about "piggy back" and "side by side"?
How about power supply and USB?

Each will have its own OAG to eliminate flexure.

Yanzhe

On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 2:09 PM Kent Kirkley via groups.io <kgkirkley=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
By 'one at a time", are you referring to imaging?
Either way can work, I've done both.
The biggest issue will be the possibility of flexure between
components depending on how you will be guiding.
If you intend to use an off axis guider on both scopes, no problem.
If you intend to use a guide scope of some sort, be wary of how it's
mounted. Scopes are usually mounted in rings which have felt, cork or
some other material lining them. If a guide scope is mounted on the rings,
the main scope can move slightly within the rings which the guider won't
know about. The result, oval or trailed stars.

To prevent this, mount the guide scope directly on the primary instrument, not
on the rings.
This also applies to a side by side set up where you mount the guide scope
on the side by side plate.

Kent Kirkley