Re: DEC Crosstalk

Clayton Yendrey

Brian,
I do understand that, but although I leave the mount on the pier in the backyard, I do not leave the OTA there.  For safe carrying, I have a D plate handle assembly; to use it I remove the guide camera/scope from the top D plate and install the handle to carry the OTA safely/securely.  Since I am 'disturbing' the guide scope assembly each time I mount/dismount the OTA, I perform a calibration.  On the few times I've actually had back to back viewing nights, I have left the OTA on the mount and have not recalibrated.