Re: Counterweight Shaft Travel Storage

rtlangland

Hi John,

I also have an AP 1100. I have two shafts because with a smaller scope I have to use the shorter shaft. Either way I purchased a zippered carrying case designed for a tripod . I don’t remember where I purchased it. However, it has some ties sewn into the back of the case to hold the shaft from moving around too much. They have a slight rubberized coating that kind of holds onto the shaft  It also has carrying straps and even a shoulder strap and this setup works fine for me. The one I bought also has a smaller zippered pouch on the  inside where I store the plastic cap on the shaft after the shaft is installed on the mount. It keeps it convenient so I don’t misplace it.

Hope this helps.

Bob Langland

On May 12, 2021, at 9:40 AM, Fritz K <fritztwo@...> wrote:

I have the 1100 shaft with extension.  I used to carry it in my counter weight box, but now that is too heavy for this old guy.
So I keep the shafts in a length of white plastic pluming pipe.  I added standard plastic screw on ends.
Inside there is rigid foam at the ends and a piece in between the two shafts.
It totally protects the shafts against all hazards, takes up little storage space, and aside from looking funny, works just fine.
clear skies,
fritz k